ABORIGINAL PEOPLE & STRENGTHS-BASED PRACTICES WORKSHOP
WUNGURWIL KILI NHAWI, WUNGURWIL MARNMARNAPU (strong today, strong tomorrow)
Exploring practical solutions in providing more holistic and effective service delivery for Aboriginal people.
About This Workshop
This one-day course is a follow-up to the Aboriginal Cultural Awareness Workshop.
Course topics include:
- Revisiting Workshop 1 (Aboriginal Cultural Awareness)
- Communicating effectively
- Current themes and figures relating to Aboriginal people
- Contributing factors around contemporary Aboriginal health and wellbeing
- Media and public perceptions
- Proactive campaigns
- Tools and resources
- Referral points
- Case studies
- Individual action planning
* Please note:
a) Participants must complete the Aboriginal Cultural Awareness workshop prior to attending the Aboriginal People and Strengths-Based Practices workshop.