Managing Difficult Situations
MANAGING DIFFICULT SITUATIONS WORKSHOP
MANGGA TAMU WAINGI (bring much light)
Understanding different communication styles, assessing risk and safe work practices.
About This Workshop
This 1-day workshop is designed to assist Aboriginal staff in developing skills to more confidently manage challenging situations that may arise in and outside of the workplace, in a positive and productive way.
Course topics include:
- Developing an understanding of personal values and their potential impact on others
- Identifying differing communication styles and personal reactions
- Learning about conflict and how to reach positive outcomes
- Gaining an understanding around assessing risk and implementing safe work practices
- Understanding compassion fatigue and its effects
- Developing personal skills to manage self care when working with individuals and/or families with complex needs